+ Westbound Place + Co is your place to craft your own experience. We offer the platform, the resources, the community, and the place for you to better balance your life and ultimately become your best self.
+ How We Roll defines how Westbound members, employees, and guests act on a day-to-day basis. It reflects our community’s core values, daily interactions, and overall community culture.
+ All incoming members will be trained on How We Roll to ensure that everyone in our community understands shared expectations for how to behave at Westbound and beyond.
1. Why are we doing this? Westbound exists to empower you to live an extraordinary life.
2. What is an extraordinary life? You ultimately determine that. We believe it’s becoming the best version of yourself, having meaningful relationships with others, and contributing to a community that is greater than yourself.
3. How will Westbound empower you to live an extraordinary life? We are your one place to connect, relax, play, and grow. We offer a platform and experiences that will enable you to find balance. Balance in personal physical, mental, and emotional wellness; balance in time for yourself and relationships with others; and balance from the daily grind to unplug.
4. The more clearly you understand the Westbound vision, the more likely we are to achieve it. Imagine it new kind of neighborhood. One not necessarily bound by where you live, but by the relationships and experiences that connect you to something greater. We believe in the power of surrounding yourself with thoughtful people. When each of us contributes energy, resources, and support to the greater community, everyone wins - both within the Westbound community and beyond.
5. Everything boils down to values. Our community is unified by a shared set of values and ideals. We are building a community in the word’s truest sense. A community that is rooted in experiences, unbound by convention, committed to engagement, and inspires continuous growth.
Responsibilities to Yourself.
1. Be a good person. Treat yourself with respect, kindness and compassion. Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses and try to emulate positivity when things might suck.
2. Act like an owner. Each and every member of Westbound is integral to the success of the greater community. This is your place. Take care of it, use it, love it.
3. Challenge yourself. Keep your mind open and encourage growth in experiences, education, and relationships. Just because you don’t have great hand-eye coordination doesn’t mean you shouldn’t drop into a Spikeball game.
4. Slow down. Life can be tough, and the pace of today’s world is crazy. Take a breath here and focus on your personal need to relax, unplug, and sink deeeeep into a couch.
5. You be you. Be true to yourself. Be fearless, be open, be kind, be vulnerable, be topless.
Responsibilities to Others.
1. Be a good person (still). Our shared experiences are what progress us through life. Think about how you affect people, create a climate of trust, build people up, invite newbs in, and if you’re ever in doubt, ask yourself "is this the very best version of myself?"
2. We are all equals. Enough said. Whether you’re a member, guest, employee, owner, contractor, or what have you, walking through our doors is an agreement to treat all people as equals. To put it bluntly, we explicitly reject behaviors that harm our community by enforcing a zero-tolerance policy for the following actions:
3. Spread positivity. Celebrate the wins in our community and use your voice constructively. Be thoughtful about what you’re posting on Slack and our member portal. This is not a space for political Facebook arguments with your Great Uncle twice-removed.
4. Be thoughtful. Demonstrate empathy and compassion towards members you don’t know in the same way you would to your best friends. Got an extra spot on your volleyball team? Ask the new girl by the pool to fill in.
5. Wellness is our mantra. We offer amenities and resources for members recovering from surgeries, illnesses, and trauma. Talk to us if you need help. Be mindful and stay home if you have any signs of or recent exposure to contagious illnesses.
6. Hold others accountable. If you see something, say something. Whether it's another member, a guest, or the staff, speak up if someone isn't practicing How We Roll or following the House Rules.
7. Prioritize unity. Not division. Unity is about championing our members’ uniqueness and focusing that on common goals of the community. We are all united by our pursuit for personal wellness, personal growth, and authentic connection. That’s what brings us all here to have a good time.
8. There’s more to talk about than work and weather. Really try to get to know people on a personal level. We all have incredible experiences, backgrounds, passions, hobbies, home renovation fails, and outrageous stories to share.
Responsibilities to the Community.
1. We’re the new kids on the block. Our neighbors have called this place home for a long time and we have the opportunity to help make it better. Be respectful of their image, their voice, their property, and their feedback.
2. Carry the Westbound mindset home with you. Being the best version of yourself does not stop when you walk out of our doors. Bring it to your home life, your work communities, and all interactions in your life.
3. Give back. It’s the philosophy that we live by. When you give back to your community, everyone benefits. Westbound not only provides the opportunities for members to volunteer, but we also highly encourage members to forge their own volunteerism efforts.
4. Take care of the earth. Everyone relies on a healthy planet. From the quality of air to the beauty of our Backyard to the commute to get here, Westbound is committed to our planet in the following ways:
5. We are greater than the sum of Place + Co. When all is said and done, we are more than just the physical space and the community. We are a new way to experience life.
Responsibilities of Leadership.
The genuine leader is a servant leader, someone who focuses primarily on the growth of other people and their communities. Westbound leadership is not about power or authority, it’s about providing and managing a platform for members to build a community, a culture, and place for each of you to better balance your life and ultimately become your best self. Westbound employees promise to:
We know this was a lot to comprehend. Although Westbound provided a wide range of cases with ethical implications, we don’t intend to cover every situation in which an ethical decision needs to be made. Stuff is going to happen. Mostly great stuff, but challenges are sure to arise here and there. The spirit of How We Roll is to outline, in writing, the game plan and key principles that serve as a guide to our community to make decisions responsibly.
By accepting a membership at Westbound, you agree to having read How We Roll and you agree to follow them and teach them.
Date and time stamp: June 23, 2020 12:46PM MST
+ Westbound Place + Co is your place to craft your own experience. We offer the platform, the resources, the community, and the place for you to better balance your life and ultimately become your best self. While we encourage creative use of the space, early mornings, late nights, and unabashed freedom, we also must set boundaries so each member of our immediate community and those in the neighborhoods around us are able to thrive collectively.
+ All incoming members will be trained on the below House Rules to ensure that everyone in our community understands how things work, what to do if something isn’t working, and how to ensure all members, guests, employees, contractors, and partners practice our rules and collectively enhance the experience for everyone.
1. Have fun. Don’t overthink it. We built this place first and foremost to be fun. For you to overcome the day’s stresses, the burden of planning, and life’s imbalances. Come here and find pure enjoyment in whatever you choose to do.
2. Show up. We've poured our blood, sweat, and tears into bringing Westbound to life, all with the hope to create a more balanced life for our members. So, use the space, share the space, and be there - both for yourself and for others.
3. Got a guest? Bring them, often. Share your space with friends and show them how things work. But remember, they are a representation of you and are under your care for their entire visit. If they clog the toilet, you better believe you’re the one with the plunger in hand.
4. Close up shop when the shop closes up. Unless you have 24/7 access, please abide by our opening and closing times. Do not argue when we ask you to leave at the end of the night. This is for legal reasons and your choice to break the rule can jeopardize our ability to operate.
5. Keep it down.. Yelling sucks. Loud phone convos suck. Please be mindful of how loud you’re being, both inside and outside. If you really, really need to make noise, we’ve got a room for that in the basement, with sound dampening walls and really big speakers. In full seriousness, one noise complaint from our neighbors can halt our operations permanently. Don’t be the one to ruin the party.
6. Dress code. It’s simple, cover your junk. No one wants to see what you have stored down under. No shoes, no shirt, no problem.
7. Cleanliness. Imagine that you are at your grandma’s house. How would she feel about you leaving dishes on the table, tracking mud through her hallway, or breaking a glass? Exactly. Let’s treat Westbound with the respect and cleanliness that it requires for all members to collectively thrive.
8. Your kiddos. We get it. One thing leads to another and suddenly you’ve got a toddler. Should that stop you from better balancing your life? Nope. While Westbound is designed foremost for adults to be present, connect with friends, and focus on personal wellness, we will offer specific hours and days when your little ones can join us, too. Read more about this in our Terms and Conditions.
9. Screen time. Ah, the almighty conundrum. Our space is specifically designed to allow you to plug in and crush work by day and completely unplug the minute you’re done. General rule of thumb? Don’t stare at your phone. Our goal is to allow you to better connect with friends face-to-face. Read more about this in our Terms and Conditions.
10. Social media. In the age where everything is social, it feels like nothing is social. Try to be more present in the now, and less in the Gram. If you choose to share your experience at Westbound on social media, please be mindful about what you post and ensure that it reflects our values.
11. Illegal drug use. There’s no mincing words here: we absolutely do not condone the use of illegal drugs at Westbound. In no way shape or form will this be tolerated and anyone choosing to break this rule will immediately be held accountable to the Membership Committee. The expected outcome will be termination of membership with no refund.
12. Puff puff pass. Yes, it’s legal but no, we do not sanction smoking marijuana onsite at Westbound. Please respect our immediate community and surrounding neighbors by keeping things fresh here.
13. Ok what about cigarettes? Ditto. We do not condone the use of cigarettes and specifically, smoke anyone can smell or see onsite at Westbound. It’s about being respectful to those around you. Is a vape pen the same as a cigarette? We’ll let you decide.
14. Accidents and injuries. It’s an unfortunate truth that someone will take a volleyball straight to the face (“it’s just a game, Focker”), trip on the back patio, or twist an ankle during an exercise class. Westbound is not liable for these accidents or injuries. However, you can be sure we’ll do everything we can to mediate the injury onsite, provide a fun place to recover *cough, pool* and offer resources like percussion massage devices, knee scooters, and beyond to get you back in action ASAP.
15. Woof. Is it possible to live in Colorado without a dog? Debatable. We got em too, but Westbound is not the place for your furry friends. Our grass can’t handle the heat, and this is your place to focus on yourself and your relationships with others, less on dogs barking across the yard.
16. Personal belongings. Computers, towels, airpods, jackets, shoes, food, drinks, water bottles and anything that you bring onsite is your responsibility to manage. Put your things in a cubby, better yet, put them in your locker. If you leave things lying around, they will be moved to keep things looking pristine.
17. Lockers. Your locker is yours for the day. Put anything you’d like inside, but remember to take it with you at the end of the day. Anything left overnight will be removed and up for dibs. JK, please take your stuff with you.
18. Garden maintenance. Our sanctuary. A place for both Westbound members and neighbors to seed, plant, and harvest home-grown glory and amazingness. If you commit to a plot in the garden, you are responsible for upkeep and maintenance. Be mindful of how your tomato plant might be overtaking someone else’s herbs!
19. Private events. Our goal, first and foremost, is to create a place for you to call your own - no matter the occasion, you can show up to Westbound and use the space as you like. The Big Room, Patio, and Backyard will always be available to members. However, we also recognize that you may want to rent out specific areas for private events like Super Bowl viewing in The Lounge or a birthday bash in The Overlook. In these cases, we will be sure to communicate when these spaces are temporarily off limits.
20. Liability. The usual jargon. Westbound is not liable for personal injury, lost or stolen items, property damage, or actions of members once offsite. Please refer to Terms and Conditions for more information.
21. Disciplinary procedures. Look, we aren’t your parents, but we do expect cooperation and adherence to these House Rules. Anyone - members, guests, employees, or others found to knowingly break a rule will be held accountable to the Membership Committee, who will ultimately determine disciplinary outcomes. Members, choose your guests wisely and make sure they know how we roll, because you will be disciplined for their actions.
23. Do not abuse our flexibility. Westbound is built on the idea of self-creation. We've intentionally limited our rigidity to allow you the place to flourish in your own right. Please, do not abuse this and ruin it for others. If it feels wrong, it probably is.
By submitting your application for membership at Westbound, you agree to having read the House Rules and you agree to follow them, teach them, and enforce them.
Date and time stamp: June 23, 2020 12:47PM MST
+ While How We Roll and House Rules loosely define how you should act amongst the community and in our space, Terms and Conditions are the hard line rules and regulations that you are subject to once a paying member of Westbound Place + Co.
+ Please review the below information, as you are liable to their contents.
1. Payment. Westbound reserves the right to charge members an initiation fee, annual membership dues, and optional ticketed classes and occasions on and off-site. The right to amend or waive any such fees or dues for special circumstances shall be in Westbound’s sole discretion.
3. Initiation fee. You will have 10 days from the day you receive your acceptance email to pay your initiation fee. Founding Members have the right to a full refund of their initiation fee if they choose to cancel within 1 month of Westbound being open (receiving our certificate of occupancy). All non-founding members have the right to a refund of their initiation fee if they choose to cancel within 1 month of membership acceptance. By providing us with your payment information, you accept and consent to being charged for the initiation fee tier you elect at the time ofIf at anytime from your submission until 1 month after Westbound is open (has certificate of occupancy), you want to cancel, you will get a full refund of your initiation fee. payment, in the form requested by Westbound upon your application being accepted.
4. Membership dues. Your annual membership will commence on the day you pay your initiation fee. As soon as Westbound has a letter of occupancy, your monthly membership dues will start. By providing us with your payment information, you accept and consent to being charged with membership dues in the form requested by Westbound upon your application being accepted or renewed. You will have the option to elect your membership package and payment plan, an up-front annual payment or monthly installments. It is within Westbound’s discretion to amend our membership fees at any time, and we will notify you in advance if there are to be any changes to the amount, date, or frequency of the payment of your membership fees. Founding Members are an exception to this, and will have lifetime rates and payment options for membership dues. Failure to pay annual membership dues or installments of annual membership dues within one month of the due date will result in the member not being admitted to Westbound until the dues are paid.
5. Membership renewal. Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months, and is renewable thereafter on an annual basis. Membership renewal is automatic and all memberships are reviewed by our Membership Committee on an annual basis. Should the Membership Committee terminate your membership at the end of your 12 month term, the decision of the Membership Committee is final and without appeal.
6. Membership resignation. If you choose to resign your membership or your membership is cancelled part way through the year, you will still need to pay your full membership fee for the remainder of the year. Refunds will be at the sole discretion of Westbound. Members that cancel their membership and want to re-join will be asked to pay initiation and increased monthly dues.
7. Membership ID. All new members will be given a membership ID. At any point while onsite, a member may be asked by Westbound staff to show their membership ID or provide their membership ID number. If a member cannot show their membership ID or number, or if any member allows their ID or number to be used by a non-member, such non-member shall be denied access to, or removed from, Westbound. The member whose ID or number was falsely used may face suspension or termination of their own membership. Please notify us immediately if you feel your membership ID or number has been compromised, lost, or stolen.
9. Guests. Members are permitted to bring up to four guests at one time. Please be aware that during busy times, we may have to restrict the number of guests a member can bring and we may have to limit access to certain areas of Westbound. All non-Founding members must be present at the front desk to check their guest(s) in, accompany all guests throughout the duration of the guest being on-site, and not leave Westbound without their guest(s). Every first guest visit is complementary. Additional guest visits will incur a fee or members can use the guest passes included in their membership package. Each guest can visit Westbound four times per year, and their guest fee will be doubled on additional visits. Members are responsible for ensuring their guests are aware of and follow How We Roll, House Rules, and policies. Members can face suspension or termination of their membership if their guests violate any of Westbound How We Roll, House Rules, or policies.
10. Children. Westbound is first and foremost a place designed for adults, but we strongly value family time and will offer specific hours, days, and zones where children are welcome on-site. Final policies are currently under consideration and will be updated in this document.
11. Privacy for members and guests. Members and guests must not solicit others at Westbound with whom they are not personally acquainted. Doing so may lead to suspension or termination of membership. Members must refrain from communicating any information about fellow members or private events to third parties in any medium.
12. Sound and video. All audio or video generated by non-Westbound device sources must be played through headphones and should not be audible to any other member or guest present from 9am-5pm on weekdays. All phones on-site should be set to silent mode. Phone calls are not allowed in the Zen Garden, the Big Room, or the Mezzanine. If you need to take a call, you are welcome to walk around the Backyard if you are thoughtful about your impact on others’ experiences. Please refrain from bringing speakers on site. Members will have the ability to change current playlists and select songs at will.
13. Electronics use. Both computers and phones are prohibited in the Zen Garden. Computer use is welcome everywhere but the Zen Garden. We encourage limited phone screen time on site. Please refrain from staring at your phone (texting, scrolling, swiping, etc) anywhere outside of the Big Room.
14. Social media and press. Please be mindful about what you share on social media at Westbound. Any content that contradicts How We Roll or our House Rules will be requested to be removed and subject to disciplinary actions.
15. Alcohol. It is illegal for any person to sell whiskey, wine, beer, or any alcoholic beverage to any person under the age of twenty-one (21). It is also illegal for a person under the age of twenty-one to possess or attempt to purchase alcohol. Anyone over the age of 21 that legally brings alcohol onsite will be required to lock it in a locker when the member is not onsite. If at any point a member, guest, or other onsite visitor appears visibly intoxicated, we reserve the right to remove them from the premises and under applicable circumstances will utilize a ride share service to take them home or ensure they are not operating a vehicle.
16. Confidentiality. Westbound staff are required to adhere to the strictest confidentiality standards to maintain all records and personal information concerning members, guests, and partners in their strictest confidence.
17. Illegal substances or paraphernalia. No member or guest shall purchase, use, ingest, possess, sell or otherwise distribute illegal drugs or other substances, or attempt to do any of the same with any member or guest. If any of the actions above prove true, the relevant member and/or guest will be removed from Westbound premises and the membership in question will be terminated. No member or guest shall purchase, sell, use or possess any object which is illegal or offensive while on Westbound premises or in the immediate vicinity thereof. If any such objects are found, the item will be confiscated, the relevant member and/or guest will be removed from Westbound premises, the membership in question will be terminated and, depending on the circumstances, we may have to call the police or relevant authorities.
18. Food and beverage. Westbound does not sell food or beverages. We are happy to provide guidance on local takeout or delivery options and welcome you to bring outside food and drink on site.
19. Maintenance and repairs. There will be times when Westbound must close certain areas or amenities for maintenance, repair, or renovation in an effort to protect our members and guests from health and safety risks.
20. Injuries. Members and guests agree to observe Westbound’s House Rules, and Terms and Conditions, and any signs published or displayed on-site at all times. If a member or guest suffers any injury at all on Westbound premises, please let a staff member know immediately. We will ensure you get the proper care and must keep track of this information for insurance purposes. When using any equipment, facilities, or amenities at Westbound, you must take care to safeguard your own health and safety and that of other people. You will be solely responsible for any loss or injury that you cause to yourself, other persons, or to the equipment or facilities through your unsafe or improper use of the equipment or facilities. This includes your use of them while under the influence of alcohol or medication, or your failure to advise staff of a medical condition relevant to your use of the equipment or facilities.
21. Liability. All items brought to Westbound are brought and left entirely at the risk of a member, or his or her guests. Westbound, its staff and/or agents shall not be liable to any member or guest for any loss, damage or injury suffered by them or their property howsoever caused, save in respect of death or personal injury to a member or guest to the extent caused by the negligence of Westbound, its staff and/or agents. This is not intended to affect any mandatory rights a member or guest may have under local law that we cannot legally restrict or exclude.
22. Animals. No animals are allowed at Westbound except for legally recognized and certified service animals.
23. Smoking. No smoking (including e-cigarettes and vapes) is allowed inside Westbound at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to prohibit or limit smoking in any outdoor area on Westbound premises at any time at its sole and absolute discretion.
24. Disciplinary actions. Any conduct by members, employees, or guests that is prejudicial to the reputation of Westbound or explicitly violates Westbound How We Roll, House Rules, Terms and Conditions, or elsewhere posted policies and signage, may result in expulsion from the premises and suspension or termination of membership. Any expelled member may not return to Westbound as a guest. A refund of the expelled member’s dues will be at the sole discretion of Westbound. Any member(s) or guests who wilfully remove, damage, or destroy any Westbound property or property of fellow members and guests on the premises of Westbound, will be liable to termination of their membership. Every member binds themself to abide by the House Rules, How We Roll, Terms and Conditions, and posted policies and regulations at Westbound at all times upon acceptance as a member. If Westbound considers any member or guest’s conduct on or off premises is, at its absolute discretion, contrary to the interests of Westbound, Westbound may with immediate effect expel the member or guest from the Westbound premises and/or suspend or terminate that member’s membership without having to give any reason to such member or guest.
25. Constitution. The House is constituted to encourage non-political, social and recreational activities.
26. Rights and privileges of membership. A member shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of Westbound granted to a person in his or her capacity as a member and shall be bound by these rules, but shall have no proprietary rights in any of the premises or in respect of property of Westbound.
27. Westbound trademark rights. Members and their guests shall not use the names, logos, colors, trademarks, service marks, photographs, trade dress, or other identifying features of Westbound without obtaining the specific prior written approval of Westbound as to the specific use. You hereby expressly recognize that the Westbound marks and logos are the valid, unique and exclusive property of Westbound LLC. Members and their guests may not produce, use or create, or authorize others to produce, use or create, the Westbound marks for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, in any communications, marketing, advertising or other promotional materials (including, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, invitations and e-mail messages) that utilize the Westbound marks without Westbound’s prior written consent.
28. Use of equipment and facilities. Use of any fitness equipment, areas or facilities available at Westbound for recreation is entirely at the risk of a member. You must not use any equipment, or undertake any activity at a House, unless you are satisfied that you are competent to do so in a safe and proper manner.
29. Mail. In exceptional cases, members may send personal mail and packages to Westbound. This facility is only available to members if the member has made arrangements in advance and Westbound staff has agreed to accept mail and packages on their behalf. All mail sent to Westbound is sent entirely at the member’s risk and we shall not be liable for any loss, damage or destruction to any mail or package. If mail is not collected within a reasonable amount of time, Westbound may dispose of it or return it to sender as it sees fit. If any customs, duties or handling charges are due, the member agrees all such costs will be paid by them.
30. Interpretation of the rules. In the event of any dispute arising as to the meaning or interpretation of these rules, the matter shall be referred to the Membership Committee, whose decision with respect to your membership shall be final and without appeal. These rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with United States law and each member agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of local and federal courts.
31. Contact us. Should you have any questions regarding your membership or rules and policies, please contact email@example.com.
Date and time stamp: June 30, 2020 3:36PM MST
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://www.westboundplaceandco.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Who we are
This website is operated by Westbound LLC, a registered LLC partnership of the state of Colorado in the United States. Westbound LLC is also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘Westbound’, and ‘our’. Our registered address is 2201 W 52nd Ave, Denver, CO, 80221.
‘Personal information’ as used in this policy means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual or, if required by applicable law, a household. All other capitalized but undefined terms shall have the meanings assigned to them in applicable laws.
By using our website or submitting your personal information, you are taken to accept the terms of this policy, so please read these documents carefully. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not access the website or otherwise submit personal information to us.
Personal information collection, use and disclosure
The following describes (1) the categories and sources of personal information we collect, (2) examples of the types of information that fall within each category of personal information collected, (3) how we use each category of personal information, and (4) how we disclose personal information.
We collect this type of information from:
Data elements in this category include name, address, email address; business address and phone number; gender, and date of birth. We may also collect contact information for related persons, such as your family members, guests, or authorized users of your account.
We use contact information to identify you and communicate with you, including:
We may disclose contact information to:
Government identification information
We may collect this type of information from you, if provided in connection with your membership application.
Data elements in this category may include a copy of your passport or driver’s license.
We may collect government identification information in order to allow us to verify whether you are eligible to possess or consume alcohol at Westbound events on and off premises, and to verify if you are eligible for membership and/or reduced membership fees in accordance with Terms and Conditions.
We collect this type of information from:
Data elements in this category include IP address, device identifiers and characteristics, location information, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and other information regarding the interaction with our website.
We use Technical Information:
We may disclose Technical Information to:
We collect this type of information from:
Data elements in this category include:
Purpose for collecting, using, and sharing the Personal Information
We may disclose Relationship Information to:
Transaction and reservation information
We collect this type of information from you when you become a member, pay your initiation fees, or make an on-site reservation for a resource, meeting room or other, or otherwise interact with us.
Data elements in this category include:
We use Transaction and Reservation Information:
We collect this type of information from:
***We do not directly collect or process your Financial Information; it is collected directly by our payment services provider. See the Payment Information section below for more information regarding our handling of Financial Information.
Data elements in this category include payment card information and bank account number and details (if you use automated payments).
We use Financial Information:
Financial Information, which is directly collected by our payment services processor, may be disclosed to the Westbound for the same purposes for which it was collected and used.
We collect this type of information from:
Data elements in this category include photographs and video images of you or your family and guests.
We use Audio/Visual Information for security and fraud monitoring and detection purposes, as well as for our everyday business purposes, in accordance with the law, such as for legal and regulatory compliance and/or to enforce our rights.
We may disclose Audio/Visual Information to Westbound members and to our Service providers that maintain our customer database, provide data storage processing, and provide security and fraud monitoring and detection services.
Please note that we may also share each of the categories of personal Information above (1) if we sell our business or our company assets to a third party or (2) if we need to (i) comply with a legal obligation and/or judicial or regulatory proceedings, a court order or other legal process; (ii) enforce our Terms and Conditions, House Rules, How We Roll, or other applicable contract terms to which you are subject; or (iii) protect us, our members, membership applicants, or contractors against loss or damage.
We may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the data that we collect; this anonymized, aggregated and de-identified data is no longer personal information. We may use this anonymized, aggregated and de-identified data for our own internal business purposes, including sharing it with our current and prospective members, business partners, our affiliated businesses, agents and other third parties for commercial, statistical and market research purposes. For example, to allow those parties to analyze patterns among groups of people, and conduct research on demographics, interests and behavior.
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through our website or Proximity network will be processed by our third-party payment providers and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service providers using up to date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit.
We may arrange that card or payment data you submit in support of a membership application or subscription fee is stored for the purpose of processing your application, initiating your membership and collecting your subscription fees if your initial application is successful. If you are put on a membership waiting list, please note that this data may be stored for later use to initiate your membership and subscription.
We store and use this card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments that you make as a member for additional goods and services. We will store this data in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted.
You may choose to opt out of us holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details to initiate your membership subscription fee or for the purpose of making any future purchases.
Tracking and Do Not Track Disclosures
Please be advised that parties other than Westbound and our service providers may collect personal information about the online activities of the users of our website over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our website.
Do Not Track ('DNT') is a privacy preference you can set in most browsers. If you enable DNT on your browser, we will honor your request not to be tracked across the Internet. For more information, including how to turn on DNT, visit allaboutdnt.com.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or login which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our website, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. You must not share your password or login details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the Personal Information that you submit to us against unauthorized/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of personal information that you provide to us online.
Personal information retention
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, applicable legal requirements or operational retention needs, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Westbound is regulated by state or federal law, and our regulator sets its own requirements for disposal of personal identifying information. Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Paper or whiteboard containing personal identifying information shall be erased and/or shredded and when unable to compost, it will be put in our recycling dumpster. In most circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal information. Then for all digital records of personal information, we will delete the record containing any personal information permanently, without the ability to ‘undelete’ or archive the information.
Your privacy rights
Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, if you are a Colorado resident and the processing of your personal information is governed by the the Colorado Protections for Consumer Data Privacy law and how those rights can be exercised, subject to applicable exceptions, you have the following privacy rights in relation to your personal information we have collected:
In the case of a security breach
If Westbound becomes aware that a security breach may have occurred, we will conduct a prompt, good faith investigation to determine the likelihood that personal information has been or will be misused. Unless the investigation determines that the information has not been misused and is not reasonably likely to be misused, we must provide notice to the affected persons in the most expedient time possible, without unreasonable delay, and within 30 days after the date of determination that a security breach has occurred. We may take longer than 30 days to provide notice if a law enforcement agency has directed us not to send notice, or if longer than 30 days is necessary to determine the scope of the breach and to restore the reasonable integrity of the computerized data system.
Exercising Your Rights: Anyone can exercise the above privacy rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete personal information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your personal information.
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your personal information through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must provide signed, written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us.
Questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy should be addressed to email@example.com.
Date and time stamp: June 24, 2020 8:16AM MST